Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tryout Rules and Regulations

Like many college students, once I left for school I also left behind the "Church on Sunday" mentality.    Sunday was now for sleeping in, watching football and nursing whatever ailed you.  My Church was back at home, conveniently 4 hours away, and therefore I could only attend services on holiday breaks or summer vacations.

When I moved to another state after college, I tried finding a new My Church but that mission was abandoned after one week.  Mission Find My Church.was less about want and more about feeling a sense of obligation, ensuring failure from the beginning. 

Over the past year I have been working on making myself a truly happy person.  That may seem like an easy task but let me tell you ladies and gentlemen, it isnt. Though I have made many strides in my life, I have struggled with the Faith aspect.  In theory, we totally understand and respect one another.  In reality, Faith only makes it so far until my incessant need to plan gives Faith the boot.  When my plan blows up in my face, as it inevitably does, I seek out my old friend Faith.  We share a drink and try things again.

In my blog, quartercenturydown.blogspot.com, I write about my journey towards being happy and content.  Since Faith has been a recurring issue, I figured why not get a little help from the man upstairs.

First, I googled churches in my area.

Second, I started going to them in order. 

Tryouts will be held every Sunday at Scheduled times.  Results will be posted here weekly.

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment